Wednesday, October 1, 2008

A Peek Into my Cupboards

This post may contain affiliate or advertiser links. Read my full disclosure policy here.


Kitchen cupboards can be scary places, because sometimes you never know what might be lurking in the depths.

I speak this from experience and am referring to the time that I discovered all my leftover Easter candy (my hidden stash, mind you) was being devoured by a sneaky little "friend".

And he was rude enough to leave the wrappers behind to taunt me.

I had the opportunity to meet him face to face one evening when I opened up my cupboard. He didn't stick around for introductions and a few nights later he was evicted.

That incident, however, brought my cupboards to where I am today. The thought of little mouse feet scampering through my food and hard-earned candy pushed me into Tupperware Modular Mates. And before you click away, thinking "too EXPENSIVE!!" hear me out - cause I'm about to give you a lovely tip.

Wait until JANUARY!! Tupperware always has a HUGE sale on their Modular Mates. Specials galore - and it's definitely the time to buy them!! I've gotten mine in spurts over the years for both my cupboards and my freezer and LOVE them - because everything has a place (well, except the peanut butter and such).

To give you an idea of how the cupboards look, here are some pictures of my cupboards and my freezer (different containers in the freezer, but by Tupperware too).


Here's the nutshell of how they work: there are 5 sizes of containers, and they all work together in their sizes. For example, a #4 container is the same heighth as a #1 plus a #3 stacked on top of each other. That allows you to use different size containers based on the type of item you need to put inside. I have a few containers that contain a hodge-podge of things (chocolate chips, shortening, etcc) and have it labeled: Baking Things.

My freezer also has containers and it makes it SO much easier to find things (or direct others where to find them). My biggest suggestion would be - label everything you put into ziploc bags or containers. You might think you'll remember what it is, but a few months later you'll be staring at a mystery something-or-other and scratching your head. I've even gone so far as to label the shelves above my pull-out drawers in the freezer to remember what is in the drawers.


If you happen to live near me and want to take advantage of my sickness passion for organizing, let me know and I'll have fun measuring out your cupboards and will even find a labeler...I've done it before and I'd do it again!



12 comments:

  1. Gorgeous-I'm having a very difficult time not coveting. Perhaps someday I can invest in some of those. For now I guess I can be thankful for the multitudes of free leftover buckets from work that I keep my dry goods in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I alternate between putting a rush order on having you come restructure my whole life and declaring that you can never set foot in my house. I need help, but it might send you into convulsions...seriously.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the tip-off on the sale. I have a few Modular Mates that I got nearly new at a garage sale! They are great, but I was thinking I could not afford more. I already put it on my calendar.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! That is some organization! As I was putting away (tossing items into the cabinet and hoping it would still close) my groceries this week I was thinking that I need to reorganize. I haven't a clue where to start though. You have inspired me. But... maybe I'll just hold onto that inspiration until January. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's a sickness, people. I've seen it. up close and personal.

    And though my cabinets don't (yet) look like that...I can vouch that our Mental Health Provider (ie. shrink) is giving both Jolanthe and I a 12 step program to breakfree from this OCD type obsession.

    My advice? stay far far away from modular organizing kits. they. will. suck. you. in.

    Run far away.


    *wink*

    ...aw, you know I love you, my sick sick friend. *laugh*

    ReplyDelete
  6. When I grow up, I want to be just like you.


    Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I thought I heard angels singing and a beam of light came down from above the moment I laid eyes on your organization. Lord have mercy, that looks like heaven.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sitting. In. Stunned. Silence.

    Thou shall not covet.
    Thou shall not covet.
    Thou shall not covet...

    ReplyDelete
  9. I agree with Mary. Sitting. In. Stunned. Silence. If I could even be 1/4 as organized as that I would be 3X happier! I cannot believe how perfect everything looks.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've never seen anything so organized. The labels. The sameness of the containers.

    It's beautiful.

    Please move next door to me and be my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow... talk about organized. I wouldn't know where to start! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I wouldn't even know where to start organizing my pantry to look like that. Great job! Kudos to you for getting it done. Absolutely love your blog!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for dropping by - I'd love to hear from you! If you'd like a reply, be sure there is an email address linked to your email! :)

Emealz - Easy Meals for Busy People!
 

Blog Design by: Relevant Designs