Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Have it On Hand - Works for Me Wednesday

This post may contain affiliate or advertiser links. Read my full disclosure policy here.


Being prepared has finally paid off in some form. I was so tired of running to the store to pick up something for one of the kids (or me or Rick) when we got sick. Tired of having excess Gatorade (or whatever) remaining around after the sickness left.

So I got smart. I found something that would work (and not go bad or be wasted) when we need a quick electrolyte pick-up from being dehydrated and sick. Individual packets that can go with us anywhere, or just be stored in your pantry for when they are needed. I grabbed a great tasting watermelon Propel, which the kids would consider a HUGE treat.



And - it worked wonderfully well. I did not have to haul myself out of bed at 1:30ish in the morning and be a grumpy loving wife. I only had to walk to the pantry and pull out a packet to hand to my hubby when he was ready for something.

Not that I don't love my husband or children. Not that I wouldn't drive to Walmart for them in the middle of the night.
But it's so nice NOT to have to do that.


4 comments:

  1. Uh oh....does this mean someone has been sick?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea, thank you! Adding Propel to my shopping list.

    ReplyDelete
  3. **hint*** Finders Keepers has these Propel packets right now (at least as of this past weekend)....

    I admire you for even THINKING of going to Walmart in the middle of the night.... i haven't been faced with that decision....yet... :) i'll think of you though when I am..

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for dropping by - I'd love to hear from you! If you'd like a reply, be sure there is an email address linked to your email! :)

Emealz - Easy Meals for Busy People!
 

Blog Design by: Relevant Designs