Friday, October 3, 2008

Nature Belongs Just There...In Nature

This post may contain affiliate or advertiser links. Read my full disclosure policy here.

The other morning I woke up to the sound of crickets and snuggled deep under my covers, loving the sounds of nature.

Until I realized that the windows were closed and nature was IN my house.

I'm all for nature as long as that's where it is - where it belongs.

Secretly I grin when my kids tell me that they've killed a cricket or found another one that has gone to the great eternal field in the sky.

And you probably don't want to know (but I'll tell you anyway) that I found great satisfaction in quickly shutting the washing machine lid the other day - rendering a poor, helpless cricket incapable of escaping from the spin-cycle of death.

Proof positive by the one little leg I found later at the bottom of the machine.


2 comments:

  1. Please tell me you reran that load!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um, yeah. Cricket guts on your clothes? I'd have rather let the little guy escape in one piece. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for dropping by - I'd love to hear from you! If you'd like a reply, be sure there is an email address linked to your email! :)

Emealz - Easy Meals for Busy People!
 

Blog Design by: Relevant Designs